What’s New in MathJax v2.2
MathJax v2.2 includes a number of new features, as well a more than 40
important bug fixes.
- Localization of MathJax user interface. (German and French
translations currently available in addition to English.)
- Commutative diagrams via the AMScd extension.
- New Safe-mode extension that allows you to restrict potentially
dangerous features of MathJax when it is used in a shared
- Improve MathML rendering for mfenced and mlabeldtr elements in
browsers that don’t support them well.
- Experimental Content MathML support.
- Avoid potential infinite loops in \mathchoice constructs.
- Add error message when an evironment closes with unbalanced braces.
- Allow spaces in the RGB, rgb, and greyscale color specifications.
- Process \$ in \text arguements. (ssue #349)
- Preserve spaces within \verb arguments. (Issue #381)
- Make \smallfrown and \smallsmile come from the variant font so
they have the correct size. (Issue #436)
- Make the input TeX jax generate mrow plus mo elements rather than
mfenced elements (for better compatibility with native MathML
- Make \big and its relatives use script or scriptscript fonts
(although size is still absolute, as it is in TeX) so that it
balances the text weight in scripts. (Issue #350)
- Convert true and false attributes to booleans in \mmlToken.
- Rename AsciiMath config option from decimal to decimalsign.
- Add Greek Delta to SVG fonts. (Issue #347)
- Fix monospace space character to be the same width as the other
monospace characters. (Issue #380)
- Better handling of unknown or invalid values for mathvariant or
values not supported by generic fonts.
- Handle empty child nodes better.
- Improved MathML rendering for mfenced and mlabeldtr elements.
- Ignore linebreak attribute on mspace when dimensional attributes are
set. (Issue #388)
- Implement rowspacing/columnspacing for mtable in native MathML
output in Firefox using cell padding.
- Allow \color to override link color in SVG output. (Issue #427)
- Add min-width to displayed equations with labels so that they cause
their containers to have non-zero width (like when they are in a
table cell or an absolutlye positioned element). (Issue #428)
- Fix a processing error with elements that contain hyperlinks.
- Try to isolate MathJax from CSS transitions. (Issue #449)
- Go back to using em’s (rounded to nearest pixel) for Chrome.
Rounding makes the placement work more reliably, while still being
in relative units. (Issue #443)
- Prevent error when math contains characters outside of the MathJax
fonts. (Issue #441)
- Make final math size be in relative units so that it prints even if
print media has a different font size. (Issue #386)
- Don’t scale line thickness for menclose elements (so lines won’t
disapear in scripts). (Issue #414)
- Fix fontdata.js to allow it to be included in combined configuration
files. (Issue #413)
- Makes math-based tooltips be spaced properly when rendered. (Issue
- Fix Math Processing Error when ⁡ is used without
preceeding content. (Issue #410)
- Fix a problem using an empty table as a super- or subscript.
- Handle the case where selection in maction is invalid or out of
range. (Issue #365)
- Add a pixel extra around the SVG output to accommodate antialiasing
pixels. (Issue #383)
- Fix Math Processing Error for msubsup/msub/msup elements.
- Limit the number of repetition to build stretchy chars in HTML-CSS.
- Fix Math Processing Error in mmultiscripts/menclose. (Issue
- Make zoom work properly with expressions that have full width (e.g.,
- Handle zooming when it is inside a scrollable element when it is not
the main body element. (Issue #435)
- Update math processing errors to include original format and actual
error message in the “Show Math As” menu. (Issue #450)
- Add a Help dialog box (rather than link to mathjax.org).
- Remove the v1.0 configuration warning. (Issue #445)
- Trap errors while saving cookies (and go on silently). (Issue #374)
- Fix typo in IE warning message. (Issue #397)
- Use UA string sniffing for identifying Firefox and handle detecting
mobile versions better.
- Make MathML source show non-BMP characters properly. (Issue #361)
- Make tool tips appear above zoom boxes. (Issue #351)
- Allow preview for preprocessors to be just a plain string (rather
than requiring [string]).
- Remap back-tick to back-quote. (Issue #402)
- Handle script tags in HTML.Element() so they work in IE.
- Add the MathJax_Preview class to the ignoreClass list so that
tex2jax and asciimath2jax won’t process previews accidentally.
- Fix processing errors with various table and menclose attributes.
- Use hasOwnProperty() when checking file specification objects
(prevents problems when Object.prototype has been modified).