What’s New in MathJax v2.2¶
MathJax v2.2 includes a number of new features, as well a more than 40 important bug fixes.
- Localization of MathJax user interface. (German and French translations currently available in addition to English.)
- Commutative diagrams via the
- Improve MathML rendering for
mlabeldtrelements in browsers that don’t support them well.
- Experimental Content MathML support.
- Avoid potential infinite loops in
\mathchoiceconstructs. (Issue #373)
- Add error message when an evironment closes with unbalanced braces. (Issue #454)
- Allow spaces in the RGB, rgb, and greyscale color specifications. (Issue #446)
\textarguements. (ssue #349)
- Preserve spaces within
\verbarguments. (Issue #381)
\smallsmilecome from the variant font so they have the correct size. (Issue #436)
- Make the input TeX jax generate mrow plus mo elements rather than mfenced elements (for better compatibility with native MathML implementations).
\bigand its relatives use script or scriptscript fonts (although size is still absolute, as it is in TeX) so that it balances the text weight in scripts. (Issue #350)
- Convert true and false attributes to booleans in
\mmlToken. (Issue #451)
- Handle empty child nodes better.
- Improved MathML rendering for
mspacewhen dimensional attributes are set. (Issue #388)
mtablein native MathML output in Firefox using cell padding.
\colorto override link color in SVG output. (Issue #427)
- Add min-width to displayed equations with labels so that they cause their containers to have non-zero width (like when they are in a table cell or an absolutlye positioned element). (Issue #428)
- Fix a processing error with elements that contain hyperlinks. (Issue #364)
- Try to isolate MathJax from CSS transitions. (Issue #449)
- Go back to using em’s (rounded to nearest pixel) for Chrome. Rounding makes the placement work more reliably, while still being in relative units. (Issue #443)
- Prevent error when math contains characters outside of the MathJax fonts. (Issue #441)
- Make final math size be in relative units so that it prints even if print media has a different font size. (Issue #386)
- Don’t scale line thickness for
mencloseelements (so lines won’t disapear in scripts). (Issue #414)
fontdata.jsto allow it to be included in combined configuration files. (Issue #413)
- Makes math-based tooltips be spaced properly when rendered. (Issue #412)
- Fix Math Processing Error when
⁡ is used without preceeding content. (Issue #410)
- Fix a problem using an empty table as a super- or subscript. (Issue #392)
- Handle the case where selection in maction is invalid or out of range. (Issue #365)
- Add a pixel extra around the SVG output to accommodate antialiasing pixels. (Issue #383)
- Fix Math Processing Error for
- Limit the number of repetition to build stretchy chars in HTML-CSS. (Issue #366)
- Fix Math Processing Error in
menclose. (Issue 362)
- Make zoom work properly with expressions that have full width (e.g., tagged equations).
- Handle zooming when it is inside a scrollable element when it is not the main body element. (Issue #435)
- Update math processing errors to include original format and actual error message in the “Show Math As” menu. (Issue #450)
- Add a Help dialog box (rather than link to mathjax.org).
- Remove the v1.0 configuration warning. (Issue #445)
- Trap errors while saving cookies (and go on silently). (Issue #374)
- Fix typo in IE warning message. (Issue #397)
- Use UA string sniffing for identifying Firefox and handle detecting mobile versions better.
- Make MathML source show non-BMP characters properly. (Issue #361)
- Make tool tips appear above zoom boxes. (Issue #351)
- Allow preview for preprocessors to be just a plain string (rather
- Remap back-tick to back-quote. (Issue #402)
- Handle script tags in
HTML.Element()so they work in IE. (Issue #342)
- Add the
MathJax_Previewclass to the
ignoreClasslist so that
asciimath2jaxwon’t process previews accidentally. (Issue #378)
- Fix processing errors with various table and menclose attributes. (Issue #367)
hasOwnProperty()when checking file specification objects (prevents problems when
Object.prototypehas been modified). (Issue #352)